
My Dearest Matthew,
Twelve years ago on this date, at 1:53 p.m., God greatly blessed our home with the birth of the sweetest 6lb.14oz., 20 inch long, dark-headed baby boy, I had ever seen!
What a precious little bundle you were then, and my how you have grown and changed since. I truly cannot, nor would I want to try to, imagine my life without you, my sweet boy. Twelve years ago, I knew not what the future held in store for our home, but that was no different than any new mother. It only goes to show that we never know God's plan, but that it is perfect and sufficient. I wonder not what might have been, but marvel in the great SON that GOD chose for me....You! We face things that many people will never know, but I also believe that through our journey together, we have a bond and love that many, will again, never know or understand...we'll just let them be jealous! ;) You are one of the true lights of my life...always honest, and simply, just you...such is the innocence that you will always have the gift of. The smiles that you greet me with every afternoon when you catch the first glimpse of me at school, brightens my day, no matter how down, sad or even mad, I may be. Your hugs and sugars are the grand tokens of affection, and I can't get enough of them♥ An "expert" once told me that while it was cute for you to want to crawl up in someones lap and be held while you were six or seven, that it wouldn't be so cute or appropriate when you were older. Guess what??? You're almost a teenager now, and I LOVE and enjoy every time you want to snuggle on the couch...yep, the times when you tell daddy to "get up" and tell me to "sit down" are great! But, I can honestly say, the one thing you can do to melt my heart, is to look at me so sweetly and say, "Momma". I almost hate to let you in on the secret, but you could probably get an extra piece of bologna if you said that each time :) I longed to hear you call me momma, and I cherish each time your voice calls out my name. Such a blessing that a few too many take for granted. I hate to burst any one's bubble, but I'm pretty sure that I'm your favorite person...I know, I know, you love the Rock, and the Gaither's are great, but I still know that Momma rules! :) You do love your daddy though, and I think it is funny how you "use" him to get your snacks, because you know he's a bigger pushover than Mom....and I also know he loves it when you say, "Daddy".
Sweet Boy, just know that I would not change the first thing about you. God gave you to us according to His will, and you are PERFECT! When I look at you, I see the most handsome twelve year old on the planet; I feel so lucky and blessed that you are my son. I love you past the moon and the stars...forever and always!I love you my precious boy,
Momma♥



3 comments:
That is priceless!! You are such a great mother and he is such a precious young man. I hope he has the best birthday ever. I'm sure he will enjoy his Cracker Barrel:o)
Such a wonderful post! Brought tears to my eyes!! Happy Birthday sweet Matthew!!
*sniff* I love it that Matthew has you as a Momma....'cause you are just what he needs....
Post a Comment