Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Tuesday in a Nutshell

My day sure didn't start off the best this morning...very unpleasant, to say the least, but there's some things I'm just gonna spare any of you who read this. Just know that it was one of those times when a person needs lots of patience and a strong stomach. Thankfully, the stomach I have for the most part, and the patience is there at times...thankfully, this morning was one of those times. Anywho, after the little ordeal, I searched for some chocolate to make matters a little better, but much to my dismay, there was none to be found :( I knew I should have sprung for the big box of chocolates for Valentine's day!!

Since the boys were out of school for snow again, I contemplated cancelling Matthew's sessions at WKU, but since the roads were in good shape by time to leave, the boys and I headed out. We dropped Matthew off, and then Jacob and I went to do a little birthday shopping. Funny, I think Jacob ended up with as much as we got for Matthew...and it's still half a year till his birthday! We sure did enjoy our time together though...there was a time when we made many a trip to BG together before he started school, so it was nice to have that time with him. By the way...if anyone likes Children's Place jeans, they are on sale for $10.00! I LOVE their jeans for the boys and went there specifically to get jeans for part of Matthew's gift and completely lucked out with the sale. I ended up getting Jacob a pair too, since they were such a good price and both my fellas seem to be outgrowing everything they own! I'm pretty sure I found their Easter outfits there too...such cute spring clothes! After we hit up Old Navy and Children's Place, I took Jacob for an Auntie Anne's pretzel. YUM! Not to leave Bubba out...we stopped at Sonic to bring dinner home, BUT, when we got here, he was NOT gonna get out of the car and actually threw himself down in the snow when Jason finally managed to wrestle him out of the car! I'm pretty sure home was NOT where he wanted to be!

Since getting in, we've been watching the Olympics and I have a little fella who has been playing hockey in the front two rooms. Nothing like a sword for the stick and a ball for the puck! Now, as I type, he is using the unattached top of his toy box for a snow board! He was a little ill with those silly American women who lost their curling match earlier :)

Tomorrow is an hour delay for the kiddies, and I must admit, the delays confuse me a bit...DUH, I know everything is just an hour behind, but for some reason, it throws me off completely! Watch me be the only mom in the parking lot at regular time tomorrow. One thing is for sure, I'm ready for some sunshine and warmer days :)

For those who have wondered, Jacob and his daddy wrote a letter to the tooth fairy, and she delivered! Yesterday morning he came over to me with a grimace on his face and said, "Mom, I think that tooth is stuck right there (and pointed at the side of his neck) cause it hurts!" I think I kept a straight face...maybe!


5 comments:

Wanda May said...

When school was an hour later it always messed me up.....I am getting my Valentine present this weekend, told Boyce I did not want any flowers or candy....well I guess I lied because I am thinking I want some chocolate.....lol...(if there is any left at Wally world, I will be having me some)...just saying...lol

Shela Brooks Vincent said...

Always messed me up too,,,,,how simple can it be?? But for some reason I was always checking the time and scared to death we would be late!!!

Heather said...

You should've seen me trying to figure out what time it would be when Trent said, "What time do we have to get up in the morning?" Always confuses me!!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a great day! I hate delays too! Love Jacob's rendition of the Olympics. Colby has had his skate board out pretending it was a snow board. Jeremy tried to show off on it and took the hide off of his big toe! Good times! :)

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

I swear Jacob is going to be a comedian when he grows up...he is just too darn funny!!!