Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowed In...AGAIN

Here's a picture of what our little smidgen of the world looked like this morning around the time that I would have been dropping the boys off for school had it been in session. I'm glad they made the decision last night to close so I didn't have to worry with checking this morning. Those were some of the biggest snow flakes I had ever seen!
And, we're in for another snow day tomorrow. The wonderful thing about snow days is that I get to spend the day being lazy with my two boys♥♥ The downside is, all we want to do is EAT! What is it about snow being on the ground that makes you feel like you should go on an eating frenzy! And goodness...we are extremely LAZY :) Pajamas, heater, television, a good book, computer, and food...that's the makings of a fun snow day here at our home.

There's not a lot new going on here in the Vincent abode. I'm fairly certain the boys believe that they no longer have to attend school for five days in row, and we're just taking it as it comes...Jacob is a little upset to have been out of school since today was his Valentine treat day...his goodie bags and juice boxes are all ready to go for whenever they head back to school...they could be celebrating Valentine's day in June by the looks of things.

One cute thing Matthew is doing here lately...He always is wanting something to eat and I just have to limit him lest he completely burst, so I have to block the doorway to the kitchen. During that first lengthy snow outage, the boy was about to drive me batty, so I resorted to moving the big armchair in front of the kitchen door and sitting in it as a deterrent...I know that sounds awful, but you just don't understand. So, if I'm sitting in said chair reading, and Matthew is wanting something to eat or drink, he will come over to me, look for my coupon that he cleverly figured out was my bookmark, put it in my book, close it, and lay it up for me :) I know it's not a big deal to anybody else, but I seriously had tears spring up when he did that the first time. It just really blew me away that he "knew" what a bookmark was...and that the coupon served as mine. I wanted to record this "little moment" here so I could look back and play it over in my mind sometime in the future. Speaking of Matthew, he was supposed to start back up at WKU today, but I cancelled his sessions due to the weather. We'll be heading down on Thursday if the weather cooperates.

Jacob is still as funny as ever...I just really never know what the boy is going to say. Today he was talking to me and said something about when I was a hundred and thirty one. I told him I seriously doubted I would live to be that old, but he was quick to tell me he had heard about someone who lived to be a hundred. Then he told me you had to be saved to do that. ??? I just didn't even comment...mainly because I guess the mentioning of being saved brought about the thought of baptizing and the next thing out of his mouth was, "Do you have to close your eyes when they dip you in the water?" Then, "What do you do with that little piece of cloth that they hold over your nose?", followed by "How long do they hold you under there?" Gotta love those little inquiring minds!




3 comments:

Brooke said...

Yay for Matthew! the bookmark is a BIG deal!!! Woo hoo!

Staffanne said...

Love hearing about your sweet family. And, what is it about snow and food/eating....they sure do make a good combination in my opinion!

Heather said...

Great questions from Jacob:o) And yes...I think the bookmark story is wonderful!