Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Our day has been rather quiet and laid back...not much celebration, but we aren't feeling the greatest, so we've been pretty low key. We did manage to drive up to Leitchfield for a drive thru lunch at Taco Bell, and that was just fine by me...I didn't feel like getting gussied up to go sit down somewhere ;) We may go to Cracker Barrel one day soon for a late Valentine's dinner, but if not, I'm just as happy having my tacos in the car with my guys. I've been too ornery to take pictures, but maybe I will tomorrow and I'll just update this post if I do.

A funny thing happened while we were eating...Jacob has had a really loose tooth, and all of a sudden he said, "I lost my tooth!" "Where is it," I asked. "I don't know. I stuck my tongue out to feel it and it was gone!" The tooth had to have been gulped down with a bite of taco. You could just see the disappointment spread across his face as he realized and said, "The tooth fairy doesn't come unless you put your tooth under your pillow." I told him that I bet if he wrote her a letter telling her what happened to the tooth, she'd probably visit anyway. I'm pretty sure she ain't gonna want the tooth now ;)

We spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out at home together. Jacob has been playing his new DS games, and we've watched Matthew's new Gaither dvd's and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs...not exactly romantic, but PERFECT for us! Truth is, since becoming parents, Jason and I had rather spend the day with our boys anyway as to go out on our own. We got Matthew two Gaither dvds, a WWE game that you play with cards that I thought he would like to look at, a marshmallow lollipop and some marshmallow frogs. We got Jacob two DS games, a stuffed puppy, a Charlie Brown story book and a big heart lollipop :) Grandma and Grandpa got Matthew the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs movie and Jacob a DS game. My most proud purchase was what I got for Michael...he's not always the easiest to buy a great gift for, but Aunt Nannie did awesome ;) He LOVES Lady Antebellum, so I got him their newest CD and I really wanted to get him a poster for his room, but couldn't find one...so, I settled for a People magazine that was a country music edition...I checked before purchasing and it had several pics of Lady Antebellum, but Michael knows most of the other country music stars as well. Needless to say, he sat looking at the magazine with the biggest smile on his face...I was SO proud! Ashlee got a Barnes and Noble gift card since she is into a new series they have out, and she can get some of the books she doesn't have. I love ALL my special Valentines!

This marks the 17th Valentine's day that Jason and I have celebrated together...WOW! With the weather the way it's been, we didn't have much of a chance for gift buying, but I did get Jason a nice picture frame and a box of chocolates...which I helped him eat! I got a Josh Turner CD...I LOVE his voice, and well, his face ain't bad either! No need for gifts around here though...I am so thankful of the love that Jason and I share...we've had our share of good times, bad times, sad times, hard times, but through it all, our love has only grown stronger. The last little bit, we have relied on each other more than ever, and our love has definitely endured. Happy Valentine's Day, my Sweetpea! I'll love you forever and always!


3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your sweet family! Hope the toothfairy is nice to Jacob:o)

Brooke said...

Poor Jacob! I am sure the tooth fairy will take care of him!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Awww...sounds like such a sweet way to spend Valentine's day!! And congrats to Jacob on the lost tooth. I believe you led him in the right direction. I'm pretty sure the tooth fairy is not gonna want that tooth now!!