Sun-burnt!!!! We had our homemakers yard sale today and I got a little too red. We were hampered with a bit of rain this morning, but we stuck in there and made it through the day. We still had folks stopping around six o'clock while we were packing things away. We were going to set up tomorrow too, but the weather has scared us out of it. We made a bit of money, but we had a fun time. (It was A LOT of hard work though.) Jason took off and helped out tremendously and kept the boys entertained for a while. When I took a look at Shela's basement I could tell he fell asleep though, because a whole box of Cheez-Grips were on the floor along with half a bag of tater chips. I believe I about stopped up the vacuum cleaning the floor!
Yesterday the boys had a blast. They went for their first swim in Uncle Jeromy's pool. They were in there for over an hour and Matthew was contented the entire time. He laughed and splashed with the best of them. They got out for a while and we had KFC, and then they got back in later. While the others were getting in, it seemed just like Matthew was making the swimming motion as if signing to me, and I don't know if we've ever done that sign before. Another proud moment...we were playing a silly little game we play sometimes where he tells me he wants something and I act like I think about it and then shake my head no. Then he shakes his head yes and we just do this back and forth, (trust me, it's cute!) After we done it about three times, he signed "yes" to me! This is a big deal, because even though he knows the sign, I cannot get him to use it, and he did it spontaneously!!!!! Needless to say, he got his Pop-Tart right away. I love sharing his progress with everyone ☺
Jacob is doing well too. He went tonight and received his trophy for t-ball, and Jason got one for coaching too. Jacob got to swim with Uncle Jonathan today, and he thought that was a real treat. We don't get to be with him a lot, but Jacob loves it when he does. He told me, "Guess what? Jonathan is getting in the pool!" He thought that was super cool!
We are looking forward to Monday! We going to Holiday World!!!! I'll have to let you know how it goes ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment