Well, we have been having some wonderful summer days. Matthew and I have been going to Bowling Green a couple a days a week, and other than that, we haven't been doing much. We helped my brother set out 2,200 mums on Wednesday and Thursday, and Jacob enjoyed working, but I think he liked playing in the sprinkler better. Everyone keep the mums in mind when it gets toward the fall season. There will be lots of colors and they are in pots. Just imagine the beautiful fall scenes you could make with the mums and some of the pumpkins he's planning on raising. (HA!HA! Nothing like a free advertising plug every now and then!) Besides, we have to get through the tomatoes, corn, and watermelons first!
Matthew has seemed to be very verbal here lately. When we went to Bertie's the other day he just spontaneously told me he wanted a hot dog and a coke! Guess what he got? A hot dog and a coke! It's times like that that I just can't help but be proud :) He's gonna have to stay out of the kitchen so much or he's gonna need new clothes. He can really lay away those brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts! He still loves to tell people to "sit down", but "momma" is the word he says the most and I LOVE IT!!!!! Of course "boat" is very popular too, and he will spontaneously tell us he wants to go on the boat. He knows what he wants and when he wants it! The made a little sailboat at KAP on Monday and I asked him what it was when we got in the car, and he told me "boat"! Precious!!!! Did I mention I was proud of him?
Not to leave Jacob out. He has been playing like crazy. He's got to play with some of his cousins and one of our really good friends from church came over the other day and played with him. He loves to play outside or in, it doesn't matter to him. Of course, they have been putting up my brother's pool, so we plan to do a lot of swimming this summer! We have been working on some reading, writing and math so he doesn't lose any skills over the summer. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but he loves doing it, so I'm sure it can't hurt anything.
We have homecoming at church tomorrow, so I'm gonna have to get to cooking. Broccoli casserole, macaroni and cheese, strawberry delight, dirt pudding cake........YUM!! YUM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment