Hope you all had a happy Easter. Our little family had a fun day, but most important, I am ever so thankful to know what Easter is "really" about. I took to heart that lesson as I tried to explain as best I could to our group of little children at Sunday School yesterday, and hopefully a little of it will be remembered :)
Our Easter fun began on Friday with egg hunts and parties for both of the boys at school. I went to Kyrock and helped hide the eggs for Jacob's class. Jacob had a blast hunting eggs with all of his friends. I've included a few pictures from that day below...

On the move!

Back in class and checking out the goodies ;) Jacob's teacher gave a prize for the lucky egg, for the child who found the most eggs (which graciously gave her prize to the next child since she found the lucky egg) and she gave a prize to the child with the fewest eggs...love that!

Yesterday morning, the boys woke up to find the Easter Bunny had been here to visit! They were both very excited to see what was in their baskets :) Here's Matthew's basket...

Here's Jacob's basket...

Matthew couldn't get to his basket fast enough. I love this picture of him checking it all out!

Looking at one thing at a time...

WHOA! Can you tell this little guy is extremely happy to get the new Chipmunk's movie?!?! He also got Tale of Despereaux, a combo pack of Webkinz bunnies, a Transformer book, monster truck, some Backugan figures and candy.

Matthew checking out his new wrestling man. He also got some WWE magazines, a WWE book and shirt, Old Dogs on DVD, a couple of other DVD's, marshmallows, crackers and some more candy :)

Due to different events, we didn't get our eggs colored on Saturday like we usually do, so we did those yesterday morning. Jacob loved it and I really liked the coloring set I picked up. It was "dunk an egg" and came with little collapsible cups, and it colored the eggs really well. I have been using food coloring since I don't really like most egg coloring kits, but I would definitely buy this one again.

It also came with little face stickers that Jacob loved putting on :)

The finished products...

Here's my handsome boys in their Easter duds. Easter is the only time I really try to match us all, and this year was a bit trying! Needless to say, I will be buying the boys clothes first next year, and then try to find something for me to match!

Precious Matthew...though he wasn't feeling too precious yesterday!

My Sweet Jacob

Matthew has his own little section of eggs to hunt at Grandpa and Grandma's house. They are filled with candy and toys he likes and he had some lucky eggs...$15!! :)

Jacob and Patrick hunted the rest of the "boy" eggs. Michael chose not to hunt this year...maybe he will next time!

Matthew decided it was more fun to sit with his basket, have Daddy roll the eggs over to him, open them up and then put them in his basket!

Those eggs were everywhere!! The ones in Jacob' hands all came out of the gas tank door! Jacob ended up with 171 eggs...all filled with candy, toys and money! He found a total of $35!!!! I want to hunt next year! ;)

Needless to say, that's the motivating factor for these gals to get in on the hunt! Their eggs were filled with money, candy, nail polishes, hair do-dads, makeup, and earrings! FUN! It wouldn't bother me a bit if they were still hunting 10 years from now!!

Jacob loved helping Ashlee open her eggs to see what she got!

What a picture to end with! This is without a doubt one of the sweetest fellas I know...Nannie loves him SO much!
3 comments:
Hannah was listening aT Sunday School - Woo Hoo - or maybe that deserves a big Hallalujah! I asked her about her picture and she knew who Jesus was and that he had "forns" on his head. She said he came to teach the people and then he had to die. So sweet!
What cute eggs! Glad you all had a great Easter!
You done great at Sunday School about explaining! Love the eggs your boys made...too cute with the faces:o) Great pictures, Natalie!! Love the idea with the girl's eggs...so neat!
Post a Comment