...for Graves-Gilbert Clinic, that is!! Matthew has decided to take it upon himself to try to generate enough of the green stuff for the clinic through his visits to pay the light bill. Yep, had to take him back again this morning. When I picked him up from his rather miserable day at school yesterday, I knew his mouth looked odd to me. When I checked him out at home, which was like looking in the mouth of a piranha, I noticed two white sores on the inside of his bottom lip. His lip and inside jaw continued swelling through the evening, and he looked pitiful...kinda like he had a cud of tobacco in his mouth. I took him back to our second home this morning, and Dr. Stewart said she thought the sores and swelling were due to a virus that will just have to run its course. She checked his ears, and the left ear that only had fluid behind it on Monday, now has red streaks running all through it! SO...we added a second antibiotic to our drug regimen, plus some teething medication to apply to his mouth to help make it feel better. I feel like I'm toting a little old man around with his bagful of medications :) One bright spot...Matthew gets to stay home with me for the rest of the week, and I know he'll love that! We are going to see Dr. Salmon Friday morning, (may just pay the phone bill while we're at it!) and I dread it, but I am also hopeful he can help us to get Matthew well! Right now, my little buddy is pretty relaxed on my mamaw's couch, all snuggled under his blankie, and watching the Gaither's. Spoiled???? Are you kidding?!?!?!?!

3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! Bless his heart. They really should give you one of those frequent visitor cards and punch it every time you come in. When you got so many punches you could win a free visit:o)
Love his little heart...and once again, so thankful God sent him to you....love the way we love him
So sorry! Hope he feels better soon! Love you and hang in there!
Post a Comment