Monday ~ We planned on spending the entire day at home watching the movies the boys got for Easter, but a little unexpected turn of events led us to spend a little bit of the morning at Mom's...which turned out great since there were lots of leftovers from Easter dinner the day before :) Matthew and I spent the evening together while Jason and Jacob went to baseball practice.
I'll give you one hint as to where our first stop was... Gigi's Cupcakes! The above was mine of course...Midnight Magic (or something like that) and Jacob's was Birthday Surprise....
There was tons of icing on top and we liked them, but neither of us finished ours :) We brought them home to share. Don't get me wrong, we liked it, but it was not a place that I would want to visit every time I was in town. It makes a nice treat every now and then though! Haha...Jacob never even made it down to the cake part of his...
(Just noticed...he's not buckled in the above picture, but we were just sitting in the parking lot eating our treats...He was definitely buckled before we left!)
Wednesday ~ We spent the entire day at home, and we loved it!
Thursday ~ Another college day for Bubba, and since Grandma had some things she needed from BG, she decided to ride along with us. Then, Jason called about the time we were leaving our house, and said he was on his way home...their printing press broke!...so he met us and went along for the ride too. Ashlee also went, so we had a great time! We enjoyed shopping, and then I had told Jacob on Tuesday that he could pick where we went on Thursday, so we wound up here... ...and then at Auntie Anne's for a big salted pretzel and lemonade!!! YUMMY! That night, we had a visit from the Tooth Fairy, as Jacob lost his SIXTH tooth!
Friday ~ Daddy took the day off work, so we hung around at home for a while and then he treated us to lunch at Cracker Barrel! Check out my super-big boy... We usually take Matthew inside in his stroller since we usually have to wait for a table, but I had left it in Mom's van. So, he was sitting at the table and I just let him feed himself. HE LOVED IT! Sure, he was messy and sticky, but shucks, he was on Spring Break folks! I think these pics are just precious! :)
And of course, this little guy enjoyed his meal too! Of course he used his all-too-famous line of "my belly hurts" when he didn't want to eat anymore. THEN...he said, "My belly's not hurting anymore, except for chicken strips and french fries. It's wanting one of those strawberry shortcakes though!" ;pThe weekend has been great! The weather has warmed back up and I just love the sunshine! Jason mowed the yard yesterday, and there's just something about it that says, "springtime"! We had church last night and this morning was our footwashing, and then we started a revival tonight. I was completely shocked at how well Matthew handled his third trip to church for the weekend (especially since he's not liking church too much right now). He was better tonight than any night and we got stuck sitting on the second row since Jason said I was crazy for wanting to get there at 6:30 and then there were NO seats left except right up front! I really wanted to turn around and say a big, "I TOLD YOU SO!", as we strolled up front, but thought better of it....I just waited till church dismissed :) (No, I don't mind sitting up front, but especially since Matthew's been having a harder time here lately, I just hated to have him so close to the front, but it all worked out fine!)
Now we are on the countdown to summer break...35 school days and counting! I always look forward to having my boys at home and not having to get everyone ready so early every morning! I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:
I am right there with on Gigi's....too sweet....love your post and am so glad Matthew is doing so well....of course Jacob is just a doll baby....love ya
Never been to Gigi's...might have to try it out:o) Sounds like you had a wonderful week with your boys...all three of them!
Hey Ms. Natalie!! I love love love reading your blog!! I have NO idea how you have ANY time for it though! You're amazing!
I was so excited when speech got a shout out on the blog! Matthew is super smart, and he took to his 9 choice GoTalk so fast! I'm going to miss working with him, but I'm grateful that I can following his progress, as well as the whole family's, on here!
Looking forward to new posts! :)
Post a Comment