Today, I waited my turn at the reception desk in our pediatrician's office with Matthew. When it was our turn, I stepped up to the desk and the receptionist, all in one sentence says, "Which doctor...(glances up at me and answers her own question)....Stewart." And then without fail says, "Mr. Matthew"...she didn't even have to ask our name. We've been there much too often for them to not know who we are. I was even beginning to feel a little over cautious while I sat and waited for the doctor to come into the exam room, but one nice congested cough from my boy was all it took to reassure me that he was indeed sick and I was exactly where I needed to be...I just hoped he would cough while the doctor was in the room so she could hear him! Also, leaving with five new prescriptions and instructions to continue using one we already have at home, helped confirm that there was a definite need to head in this morning. Matthew has such a congested cough, his head is congested to the point that if he sneezes you better have a Kleenex in hand, and upon examination today, his left ear still has fluid behind it and his right ear was still red, (which makes me believe even more strongly that we may hear the word "tubes" on Friday when we go see Dr. Salmon). So, Matthew left with an antibiotic, a nose spray, two separate creams for his bottom that is still suffering from the effects of the last round of antibiotics, and eye drops. Let's not forget that he is to still take his Zyrtec and his medicine that he takes to help with his behaviors. Whew...that's a lot to keep straight! He has definitely had his share of sickness the last several months, but I am thankful that it has been nothing too serious. It could always be worse! Hopefully this new array of meds will get him up and healthy soon, and will have me blogging about something a little more joyful...like the fact that my seven-year-old just high-near knocked himself out with the Wii remote while playing tennis...and that he's trash talking the computerized players :) OR...that I'm pretty sure both my boys were a bit overjoyed that our revival broke yesterday! It was as if Matthew knew when they dismissed he wouldn't have to come back that night, because he started laughing and hollering! Later, Jacob asked if we had church that night, and I told him the revival was over...the biggest smile came on his face and I told Jason I thought he might shout. Of course Jacob heard me, and let out a couple of big ole whoops! Neither of them fully understand the importance of a revival yet, but they were both SO good, considering that it was a two week revival that was preceded by Saturday night business meeting and Sunday morning footwashing, and that the only services they missed was on the second Monday night when they stayed with my mom and on the next to last night when I kept them home due to Matthew's cough. That's a lot of church for little ones :) BUT...we were truly blessed with a wonderful revival and that's the most important thing!! Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:
My boys were overly thrilled too when they realized they weren't going to church last night. Trent said, "That was a quick revival." Nathan just looked at him and said, "Where were you?" I guess maybe because he slept some nights. They can be so funny at these ages. Surely all those meds will help Matthew. Hope he gets better soon!
I would say "tubes" too. And that should take care of his problem with his ears,,,now the conjestion is another story,,,,wonder if testing him for allergies would help him any? I thought they were very good at church too,,,,maybe should be awarded a trip to Cracker Barrel,,,,,,!!!
Post a Comment