Sunday, April 18, 2010

Jacob's 1st Baseball Game for 2010

Yesterday was Jacob's first baseball game of the year, as well as his first game in the pitching machine league....and I forgot my camera :( Such a terrible Mom. We lost the game, 14-5, but I thought our boys played really well. We only have three players who played in this league last year, so we have a bunch of newbies :) We played what will probably be the number one team, and two innings they scored the five run maximum, but in two other innings we held them to only two runs by getting three outs. Jacob played fairly well in the field and caught a high pop fly!!! He was SO excited...he almost turned a double play, and would have if he hadn't been celebrating his catch ;) I can tell he is more afraid of the ball this year, and won't get in front of the hard grounders, but he did snag some. He knows he's not playing with the soft t-balls anymore! Jacob got three base hits out of three at bats, and scored twice. We're gonna have to work on his hitting though...he's not swinging with any power at all. It's as if he's bunting, and when I asked him about it he said if he swung hard, it hurt his hands when he hits the ball.

I really enjoyed watching the little guys play! And, it was a nice day to be at the park...a little windy, but at least not too hot! Matthew stayed true to his ways and hated being there until I went to the concession stand and stood in line forever! But boy did he enjoy his two hot dogs, BBQ chips and cotton candy!

Maybe I'll remember the camera for pics at his next game we get to go to. They are supposed to play Monday night, but depending on how our revival goes, we may not be there.




2 comments:

Heather said...

Mom...no camera? We can't think of everything! Glad Jacob had a fun game. Maybe Matthew will come around since he knows they have hot dogs!

Staffanne said...

You sound like me forgetting the camera... Hope to see you some at the ballpark this summer! Your boys are too cute!