It sure has been a while since I posted last, but we've just been trying to get everyone adjusted to the routine of being back in school. Jacob is doing well, and is enjoying school for the most part. He says he doesn't like second grade because "they give us to much work." He had his first tests last Friday and was so proud to show me his grades as soon as he got in the car. Boy Wonder sure hates getting his homework at night, even though it's usually only reading and studying his spelling words. I make him get his lessons first thing of the afternoon and he's not real happy about it, but we manage. I think another week or two will have him back in the groove.
Matthew has been doing much better. Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments. I know the Lord is capable of taking care of it all; sometimes we just have to turn it all over to Him. Matthew is continuing on his medicine and the episodes are nearly non-existent now. He still hits his little head on occasion, but he has done that for years. It is a much calmer slap for the most part, so I'm hoping we're on the way to easing up. The biggest fear I have ever had of Matthew being put on medication, has been that it would cause him to lose his sweet little personality. Even though Matthew's personality is unique to him, it is so sweet and good. His smile and laugh can absolutely melt my heart and that's something I NEVER want him to lose. I have noticed in the last few weeks that Matthew doesn't smile near as much as he used to. I'm hoping that this is something that will change soon. We had a little visit with Mamaw Shela last night, and he was more like the old Matthew than he has been for several days. He laughed and squealed and really enjoyed himself. I hope that maybe he is at a turning point and will be getting back to his old self soon. He even said, "Mamaw Shela" prior to going over there!!! On Saturday, I managed to get a few good laughs and smiles out of him, and tears would come to my eyes every time...you just don't know how much I miss that sweetness! Even something so simple as their child smiling is something so many parents take for granted, but it's truly something to be treasured!
We have had one of the most laid back weekends. Yesterday after we went to Sunday School, we headed to Sonic. (If you remember my post from last Sunday, I wasn't going to make the mistake of eating at home again!) I ordered popcorn chicken and Jacob thought up his version of how popcorn chicken is made. Here it is in his words..."You go and kill a chicken. You cut it up and pop it. Then you pop some popcorn. Then you take the little pieces of chicken and put a piece of the popcorn inside. That's how you make popcorn chicken." Have I ever mentioned before how literal Jacob is?! He honestly thinks that popcorn chicken is made from chicken and popcorn! I love it!
**Be sure to check in on KAP's website in a few days for their summer newsletter. They send it to me by e-mail a little earlier than they add it to their website, but Matthew's picture is in there!! When I checked, the summer newsletter has not been added, but it should be in a day or two. If I can figure out how to add the attachment, I'll post a link here. I'll be sure to let you know if I see they've added it to their site though! :o)

3 comments:
You mean that isn't how popcorn chicken is made?? Cute!! Glad Matthew is better!
Maybe Matthew is coming out of the "honeymoon" stage of taking new medication. I'm glad to hear that you got some smiles out of him. He sure is precious!
I'll be sure to look for Jacob's name in the paper when they publish how to cook a Thanksgiving turkey. I can only imagine!
Yay for Matthew!!! I'm glad things are better and I hope you get to see lots and lots of those sweet smiles! It is so funny to hear a child try to explain things the way they believe it. You gotta love 'em!!
Post a Comment