Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Jacob Nathaniel!

Happy 7th Birthday to my sweet Jacob!! I can hardly believe it's been seven years since he made his hasty entrance into our lives :o) Jacob was born at 5:41 in the morning on Sunday, August 25, 2002. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces and was 20 inches long. I did not know what the gender of either of my babies were before they were born...we opted for the surprise route! I can honestly say I had NO preference as to whether the baby was a boy or a girl. I think going through a miscarriage and difficulty becoming pregnant, makes a person a little easier to please! I only wanted a healthy baby and knew which ever the Lord chose to bless us with, was what we needed in the first place. Even though I had no preference, through out my pregnancy with Jacob, I just kind of thought it was a girl. NOPE! When they announced it was a boy, I was as thrilled as any new mommy could be! (I always joked that after the amount of pain I went through in such a short amount of time, I could have given birth to a monkey and would have been happy! HA!) I could not begin to imagine my life without the blessing of Jacob! He has brought so much laughter to our home. He is so loving and I know I'm his favorite person in the whole world! He loves everyone else, but when it comes down to it, Momma is the one he wants! :) I wouldn't take anything for those nights that I spent giving him his bedtime bottle so he would fall asleep...yep, it HAD to be me, Daddy just wouldn't do! I guess that's why I enjoy snuggling close until he falls asleep at night on many nights still yet. Jacob has always been so smart and witty. He is a wonderful brother to Matthew and for that I couldn't be more thankful. I know he doesn't even comprehend what a help he is to me, and I hope that he is always the brother that Matthew needs.

I got a little excited today when I brought home an extra scanner that Mom had, and I got out way too many photos to add! I scanned way too many and had to cut down on what I actually posted here. I had all intentions of doing a slideshow like I did for Matthew's b-day, but it was taking way too long to upload all the photos to the program. This way, you can spend as much time as you want looking at each picture! I hope you enjoy reliving some of the past 7 years with me!! :o)



Jacob and Mommy very soon after his birth.

Daddy carrying Jacob to the nursery.

Jacob and Big Brother Matthew

Mommy and Jacob

October 2002 - 2 months old

Sweet baby!

Valentine's Day 2003 - 6 months old

February 25, 2003 - 6 months old

Spring 2003

April 2003
I love his tongue hanging out!

Jacob's first birthday!

His favorite hiding place!

October 2003 - eating a caramel apple from Jackson's Orchard.

Easter 2004 - 20 months old

Jacob's 2nd Birthday!

Father's Day 2005 - 2 years and 10 months old
Jacob had to wear Daddy's gift!

Jacob's 3rd Birthday!

3 1/2 years old
Enjoying a taste of snow!

Jacob's 4th Birthday!

4 years and 4 months
Too cool for words!

4 1/2 years
Valentine's Party at preschool.
Jacob's 6th Birthday!
(I know I skipped #5, but I'm too tired to look for the pictures!)

Waking up this morning to Mommy singing Happy Birthday :)

He just heard his name on the Beaver...how exciting for a 7-year-old!
Such a big boy now!
I love this sweet little face!!
We took Jacob out to eat for his birthday tonight. I was hoping for an excuse to go to Cracker Barrel, but Jacob chose McDonald's instead! Here he is enjoying his burger!
I picked up this cute little cupcake dog so Jacob could have some cake on his b-day.
He said I should have gotten a boy dog instead of a girl...I guess I should have taken the bow of it's head!
All lit up!
Blowing out the candles since he couldn't do so outside the other day.
I found him a new Monster Truck he didn't have, so I picked it up since I wanted him to have something to open today. I told him I had a little surprise for him at home. He said, "It's probaby silly old clothes." I reminded him he put clothes on his list and he said yeah, but he wanted them to be "stylish"!!!
I took goodies into his class today, so he has had a full day of celebrations! I'm pretty sure he's had an awesome birthday :o) I hope you liked the pictures; there are so many more that I would love to share!

Happy Birthday Jacob! I love you more than you'll ever know! No matter how old you get, you will always be momma's baby boy!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I remember so much of those pictures. All the birthday parties and his little face is just so cute!! I'm so glad he had a good birthday. You have such a sweet family:o)

Brooke said...

So sweet! And you looked amazing in the hospital photos! How did you do that? This was a great post!

Anonymous said...

Glad Jacob had a good birthday,,,,tell him to take his money and buy him some "stylish" clothes,,,any kind he wishes,,,,

Tiffany Vincent said...

SOOOOO cute! I love this little trip down memory lane. Jacob might just be the cutest baby boy...EVER! What a sweet little face! Wish I would have known you all back then...I'm sure the pictures don't do his cuteness justice.

Jenni said...

Jacob's looks haven't changed much over the years - he's so darn cute! I love the picture of him hiding in the entertainment center.

I remember the anticipation of waiting for Jason to bring a baby out of that room - it may have been a short amount of time, but I didn't think the door was EVER going to open!