I don't even know what to title this post, so I'm just not putting one on here. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has offered a kind word or any thoughts on our situation with Matthew. After this afternoon's incident, I made up my mind that I will be contacting our doctor in the morning upon their opening to see if she can see Matthew. Since it is her half day, we may have to wait until Friday, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Matthew had a really bad incident this afternoon and I feel this has escalated into something that requires more immediate attention. His original re-check appointment for his ears is Monday, but I don't want to risk things getting worse over the weekend. He has made his face redder than ever and actually blood shot his leg from hitting it so hard. After two hours of wrangling him, I put him in the car and headed out toward my Mamaw's house. Finally, around Brownsville, he settled down and was then smiling when we got to our destination. He was fine from then on, and ended up falling asleep.
I have been documenting in this wonderful brain of mine-HA!-the precursors of Matthew's "spells". Today's was me simply telling him he couldn't have any more chips because we were going to be having supper. That was it! It all broke loose and it lasted for about 2 hours! I tried giving him bologna, chips, pop tarts...none of it worked! Jason and I both decided that something HAS to be done, and soon!! He cannot keep going like he is without hurting himself seriously.
These are some of my ideas on what is going on:
*Perhaps he has had a horrible nightmare. Either re-dreaming about it or something on television is triggering the memory and it is scaring him something awful.
*Like this afternoon, he started hitting himself because he didn't get his way, but hurt himself and didn't know what to do about it.
*There's something medically wrong that when he begins to hit himself, it is inflicting more pain that only the initial impact (which is plenty strong enough to hurt in itself.)
Those are only my thoughts! I know this is not an exciting post about the fun and cute things my two fellas are doing, but just so you know, I try to document things on here so that I can go back and have a record of events that might be relevant in the future. I hope I ain't boring my readers away :)
School was great again for Matthew. They called him Mr. Giggle Britches when they brought him out and he was giggling then! He had a good day...and then a horrible afternoon! Jacob told me on the way home that his principal told him and another boy in his room that she was going to jerk a knot in their tails! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I questioned him extensively and he said he wasn't doing anything bad. It was as they were going out the door home. I have e-mailed her to see if I can find out what in the world he was doing...good grief, it's only the third day of school Jacob!!! Stranger still, Jacob rarely has had to flip a card while at school, so I was a bit shocked that he would be in trouble with the highest authority there! I'll have to fill you in if I find out what went on!
My hope for tomorrow is that we could get some help for Matthew and that my six year old doesn't get expelled from school on the fourth day of the year!!! :o)

6 comments:
Maybe she just said that jokingly! Nathan and I have come to the conclusion it's because of the full moon. I can not begin to explain to you how WILD our boys have been every evening this week. They have been spanked every evening and I feel like all I've done is fuss. Which kills me because I miss them so much that I want to love on 'em not fuss at 'em. But their behavior has been NOT GOOD this week at home. Anxious to hear what the doctor has to say. Let us know!!
I am sooooo sorry you all have to endure this,,,,this is nooo fun!!! There surely has to be something seriously wrong with our Matthew,,,he is just not like this!!! It's scary isn't it!! I hope you all find something out soon....
The deleted post belongs to me...Oops! Somehow I hit enter before I was finished. Anyway, I hate to hear about the latest episodes. It sounds like your ideas are on the right track. Keep us posted after you all see Dr. Stewart again. I'll be keeping Matthew & all of you in my thoughts & prayers. Hoping a solution to this is headed your way soon!
Keep us posted after you see the doctor. Let me know if you need anything!
So hoping for a good day/night.
Post a Comment