Everything looked so pretty...all pink and white :) So girly, which is something I don't get to work with often! Me and Mom worked hard on fixing a picture board of Ashlee's 16 sweet years and we made a banner that was to be hung up, but due to hanging difficulties and lack of time, found a home on a table. Me being the excellent aunt that I am, left my camera in the car and I wasn't walking all the way to where they had hidden the cars to get it since Mom and Christie were both taking pictures. (I probably wouldn't have made it back to the building before Ashlee got there...especially since that exercise video has yet to leave the case again!) Some of her best friends from school and church were there to help celebrate, and of course there were several family members. She got lots of cute gifts that included the Twilight board game and a cutsie lunch box that was full of candy bars, gum and an itunes gift card from us. I told her I really bought the game more for me and her mom!! :) She got some cute car accessories, a new desk set for her room from her mom, dad and Michael, a new desk chair from Grandma and Grandpa, a new purse from a couple of her guy friends from school that had a sweet little old lady help them pick it out at Macy's (ha!) and some cute jewelry. Of course there was the ever in style green gift...MONEY!!! Grandma and Grandpa had already bought her a vehicle...a navy Jeep Liberty!!!! They bought it over the summer and Jeromy and Christie drive her around in it. If you see it on the road in the near future though, you might want to take the ditch!! She goes on her actual birthday (Wednesday) to try for her driver's permit...UGH!! Still can't really believe it! I've included some of the pictures that Mom e-mailed me. I had really planned to do the post last night, but I was soooo tired that I ended up falling asleep prior to getting the pictures! This post was started a little before three this morning (Sunday) and I probably won't go back to sleep. Yes, Matthew is awake and keeping me company :) I have plenty to do today since we have church this morning and more partying going on this afternoon...there will be NO pink involved!!! Enjoy the photos!
"Sweet Sixteen"

The banner Mom and I made. Someone asked who made it, and I said I was the designer, mom was the sew-er (if you type that all together it comes out sewer!) and I was the gluer :)

Her cute cake by Donna Long

Jacob enjoying his ham sandwich from Subway! (He ate three!)

My family with Ashlee

I'll be posting more pictures on her birthday and will try to include one of her in her new Jeep! :)

5 comments:
Looks like so much fun...I LOVE surprise parties!!
Oh, how fun!!!! Love the cake and all that pink! :o)
Glad it all worked out and she was surprised. Love the banner and the cake!
How sweet! You are such a great aunt!! Everything looks great and Donna did a great job on that cake!! Makes me hungry looking at it though! Have fun playing the twilight game!
You're such a great aunt :0)
I'm so glad you all were able to hide the surprise...and that cake definitely looks delicious!
Post a Comment