Monday, October 24, 2011

Jacob's 9th Birthday



My "baby" boy turned NINE-YEARS-OLD on Thursday, August 25th! He had been counting down the days for quite some time, and requested that I wake him up the morning of his birthday by singing him "Happy Birthday", which is what I always do anyway. :) He was so excited about his birthday. He celebrated at school by sharing cupcakes with his classmates. For dinner, we told him he could choose ANY place he wanted to go out to eat his birthday dinner. Jason and I were really hoping he might choose a steakhouse, but no amount of negotiating could talk him out of Cracker Barrel. He LOVES Cracker Barrel, and I really think the fact that his Bubba LOVES Cracker Barrel too was his deciding factor...how precious! He ate every single chicken strip and bite of hashbrown casserole on his plate, followed by a caramel frozen mug sundae.






We had his party on Saturday, the 27th. He chose to have a pirate party and we had a lot of fun with that. We didn't invite as many people as we sometimes do, but we had several family and friends to come join in the fun. Per Jacob's request, we had pizza, as well as cake, ice cream, strawberries and watermelon.









We played pin the eye patch on the pirate and pass the parrot, and then the boys went on a treasure hunt! Needless to say, they all went home with cute pirate bags full of loot!


The last players left in "pass the parrot".

A few of the boys at the beginning of the treasure hunt...

Digging out the buried treasure!

Blowing out the candles.

Wrestlers from his Bubba...

Umm, that's a real gun! :)

Jacob got so many neat gifts, as well as money and gift cards. He LOVES shopping with gift cards. One of the things we got him was Just Dance 2 for the Wii. He had played it at Ashlee's and seemed to like it, so I thought we'd get it for him. Needless to say, Jason and I can't top any of his high scores...or even come close for that matter! Uncle Jeromy and Aunt Christie got him a real BB gun. Needless to say, he's a pretty good shot!

1 comment:

April said...

Absolutely love the theme and his cool pirate shirt. Happy late Birthday. I'm so behind on blogging!