

If I had known that there would have been this wonderful photo opp, I wouldn't have put Matthew's bib on him, BUT, with a white shirt, I was really trying to take precautions! ;)
How sweet!
Nope, we never got one with Matthew looking...
I LOVE this one of all the guys!
Umm, I just don't know what happened to the bottom half of this picture.... ;)
I ♥ these kids!!This is the view from our living room. I sat here on different occassions and could watch dolphins in the water. I also want to mention: one day before heading to the beach, Matthew gathered up his beach towels and his bamboo mat, went to the door, and said "beach"! I got a picture of it on my phone, but haven't uploaded it to the computer. It was definitely a priceless moment!
After pictures, we changed and spent our last time on the beach We headed out for lunch at the Olive Garden...YUM!
After lunch, we headed to Fat Daddy's Arcade to play games, and then we headed on down to Harbor Village to wait until time to board our dolphin cruise. That was definitely an experience! Matthew loved it, of course! Funny thing: he knew he was on a boat, so he kept asking for viennas, which he usually eats when on Uncle Jeromy's boat. :) I just happened to catch a picture of him...
Once we got out of the harbor, the WaVeS were wild! Jacob was a bit scared and I was wishing I had eaten a little snack there for a few minutes! (And I had to keep reminding myself that Captain Jack surely knew what he was doing!) We saw several dolphins and it was definitely worth the trip...so much fun!
We stayed around for a few minutes and watched their fireworks show...WOW! Those were the biggest fireworks I have ever seen in person. We picked up Matthew something from Sonic, Jacob some Taco Bell and Papa John's for the rest of us and headed back to the house. Needless to say, I was SO tired that night! We all got up early on Friday morning and loaded up the vehicles. After a run thru McDonald's for breakfast, we were on our way back to Kentucky. :) Vacation was a blast, but everyone was ready to get back home...including Jacob. I think he missed his Toby just a little bit. We had to make a few gas, food, and potty stops along the way, and then Jason, the boys and I came VERY close to being hit by a semi going around Nashville. He just decided to come over into our lane and thankfully there were no cars in the lane to the left of us or we wouldn't have been able to get out of his way. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a few seconds! We were definitely more than ready to be home after that!
**We already knew, but even realized more fully while we were there, that a beach vacation is not exactly ideal for our family...Matthew's sensory issues with the sand made it really hard to just be able to go and enjoy the beach. BUT...I do NOT regret going for one second! Jacob LOVED it, and so did the rest of us. It was a beautiful place, and I am sooo glad that we had family there to enjoy it with!



No comments:
Post a Comment