It appears that Matthew has taken being a teenager very seriously. On his first full day of being a teen (Thursday) he was horrible at school...he even had to go to time-out! Dear me! I hope that is not a sign of things to come. Then, as if to prove that teens can change their moods on a whim, he was wonderful at school all day on Friday. Ha!
Speaking of Friday, I got to do something kinda fun! I went wedding dress shopping for one of my "girls". I'm glad I have some girls in my life that want to include their Nan in things that I wouldn't normally be able to do as a mom of boys. I get the best of both worlds...joining in the fun but not having to pay for it! ;) Our little Logan is getting married in December and we went on the search for "the dress". She had found one she liked in BG, but wanted to check out a couple more places before making the final decision. Turns out, the very first one she tried on Friday was "THE DRESS"! :) Even though I am in NO rush to see her married off, I can't wait to see her all dolled up. I know she will be stunning! Mom, Logan, Grandmama, Tricia and I all went along on the dress trip, stopped by Michael's, and had lunch at Pizza Hut. It was a fun girlie day!
Also this week, Jacob got in the car on Thursday and was SO proud to have finally passed his mixed multiplication facts. He had to get 100 problems correct in 5 minutes, and had gotten so close the few days prior to Thursday...he had gotten 99 correct and had only missed the other problem by one number! On Friday he barreled into the car to tell me he had passed his 10's division on the very first try, and he was also SO excited about making a 4 on his open response. I love seeing him excited to learn and make good grades. He cracked me up Friday afternoon by telling me "third grade is hardcore"! ;) Later that evening he sobered me up by saying that he wished bubba didn't have autism because he would be able to play with him all the time. I admit...I have often tried to imagine how they would interact with each other if Matthew were able to do so....just can't help but think of the what ifs sometimes.
We will be SO busy this week with embroidery orders, party planning and flower planting!! Hope you all have a GREAT week!

2 comments:
So sweet...we never know what is going on in their little mind...wonder what Matthew thinks....*sniff sniff*
Way to go Jacob!! Now Mom, you know those mood swings are perfectly normal for a teenager. I remember having them myself:) Can't wait to party with him this weekend!
Post a Comment