Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting Better...

Jacob has been one sick little boy, but I think he is finally getting better! He continued to run a fever up until last night, but we were happy he tested less than normal this morning. :) He still has a bad cough, that will probably linger around for a while, and he is coughing more frequently now that it is getting looser. He is also snuffling a WHOLE lot, but the child is a lot like his mother and hates to blow his nose! He has slept a LOT over the past few days, and has not been able to eat hardly anything...Friday he had a couple of nibbles of toast and a few apple slices, Saturday night he finally ate a granola bar, applesauce and a pear cup, and then ended up throwing part of that up during the night, and then yesterday he finally ate a couple of little pieces of pizza, a few crackers and some pretzels. I kept him home today to try to get him to eat a little more and gain back some of his strength because I just didn't think he would feel like making it a whole day at school. Ha...little did I know that school would dismiss at 11:00! We picked Matthew up a little early and it was about 11:00 when we made it home...and our roads were already almost completely covered over here in our little corner of the universe. Jacob is still having trouble eating anything...most things just don't sound good to him. Haha...he looked at me so seriously last night while trying to eat and said, "My taste buds are just gone." He did however, manage to put away almost an entire container of strawberries a bit ago. (He would have eaten them all if I hadn't swiped a very few slices.) He LOVES strawberries! I'm planning on fixing some of his favorites dishes for supper...real mashed potatoes and homemade macaroni and cheese...to try to fatten him up a bit. Ha...I posted on facebook a bit ago that I had yet to figure out how Jason and I have such a skinny child. ;)

As for the rest of us...I wasn't feeling too well over the weekend myself. I had a horrible headache both Saturday and Sunday, and then last night I started running a fever. I felt like doo-doo! However, a couple of hours after taking some Tylenol, the old fever broke and I thought I was going to spontaneously combust! I have been fever free today, and have had a bit of a pesky cough. I have at least felt a little more human, and have been up and about. I think Jason was about to trade me in since he had to do a lot of the tending to Matthew over the weekend! ;) I think it's good for him, but don't tell him that! And yes, I'm still glad he doesn't read my blog. Now I guess we'll see how the weather pans out for the week. I don't know when I've ever been so anxious to have sunny and warm days!



1 comment:

Heather said...

I noticed Jacob wasn't there this morning so I figured he must still be feeling bad. He has really had a time with it...poor kid. I hope he eats a good supper for you:)