As for the SnOw....
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Snow and Sickness
Just for the record, this marks snow day 9,267. It also marks sick day 138. Or, I could be exaggerating. Or, I could just be delirious....I'm just not sure anymore. My last post from Monday was titled "Getting Better" and told that Jacob seemed to be on the mend. He has continued to improve, and although he still has one nasty sounding cough, he seems to be feeling better and his eating is improving each day. I am very thankful for that! That post also stated that I had ran a fever Sunday night but had felt better during the day Monday. Well, I should have knocked on some wood, crossed my toes, or something while making that comment because that was about the last time I felt good. That night after the special supper of I made that included several of Jacob's favorites (which I might say he ate almost none of), we settled in to watch some of our last episodes of Little House on the Prairie. It didn't take long for my fever to return. Tuesday left me feeling a bit like poop, (and Jason told someone that evening that I looked like crap, so it goes without saying) and I decided that it might be best for me to go get some medicine so that I could get over this quicker. Here is where I will add that it has been over seven years since I have been to the doctor for illness, so yeah, I wasn't feeling too good....plus, I decided that it was kinda stupid for me to sit home and suffer it out, when I could go and get some meds to help kick it. I called Jason immediately when he clocked out of work and told him that I thought we would go to Quick Care when he got in from work, and he was all for it. (and I think a bit in shock.) I had heard the wait time there the day before was about an hour and a half, so I was not looking forward to that. However, when we got to the clinic, there was NO ONE in the waiting room, and it took me more time to fill out the paperwork that it did to be seen. The nurse practitioner that I saw said with Jacob testing negative for the flu that I likely would too, and I really didn't relish the thought of having that stick stuck up my nose! She said we would treat this as a throat infection type of thing, sent me a prescription for an antibiotic, zyrtec, and cough medicine to Kroger, and I was on my way. That night, I felt worse than ever, and yesterday I felt miserable. One of the weirdest parts of it is that my eyeballs hurt. I have tried to determine that today is going to be a better day regardless, but my body is not tending to agree. I just feel ugh. And I am so much more irritable today. I'm really hoping that this all goes away soon.
As for the SnOw....
On Monday night, Jason measured different places in our yard and there was between 5 - 51/2 inches of snow. We haven't measured since the snowfall yesterday, but these pictures were taken this morning. (Yes, I feel like poo, and I'm taking pictures of the snow.) The above picture was taken from the front porch. The next picture was taken out my kitchen window....
This picture was taken out my laundry room window...
We got so confused with all the snow yesterday, that we started watching Christmas movies again. :) The worst part of it is that we can't enjoy our snow days for all of the sickness! (And the fact that it looks like a bomb has blown up inside our house!) Jacob asked me moments ago when we were going to be able to get out of the house. I'm pretty sure it won't be soon enough for any of us! Poor little Matthew has been so good the past few days, but I think he would much rather be in school. (He cried when we passed by there and didn't stop on our way to the doctor Tuesday afternoon!) Now that is when you know it's getting desperate! Here's wishing for warmer days, more sunshine, and good health all around!
As for the SnOw....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you guys are all on the mend. I know whatever it is...it's hard to whoop. Sounds like you got some pretty good meds though, so surely those will kick in soon.
Post a Comment