Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hello...

Again, it's been a bit since I've posted, but I have been without my laptop, as the charger went ka-ploohey, and Jacob's little netbook just doesn't cooperate well with my big hands. :) I made me a little trip to pick up a new charger today, so I am once again back to clacking away at the keys. Ha...the guy that was helping me at the store today took a look at my little mousey, touch-pad thing, and said, "You've really worn that down." "Yep, and it's only a year old." "Really?! Wow, you've used that a lot!" :) Have I mentioned how much I love my laptop???

Jacob was a sad little boy this morning as he missed his first day of school for this year. Before he ever woke up, I knew that he was running a fever. Sure enough, I checked and it was 100.9 and he also had a bit of a cough. As much as I hated it for him, I knew he couldn't go to school. Of course, about the first thing Jacob mentioned was that he would be missing his science test today, and I told him he would get to take it when he was able to go back to school. Such a good little student. :) Ha...Today I thought about how ironic it is that the schools award children for having really good immune systems...I mean, isn't that essentially what perfect attendance boils down to! :) We made a trip to our favorite pediatrician, and thankfully Jacob's flu test came back negative. She gave him some meds and we were on our way. I had a little running in BG that I thought I might get done while we were there (getting a laptop charger being among the top of the list), but while we were in K-mart taking a quick look around for a certain type of Valentines that Jacob was wanting, he said, "Mom, can we hurry and get out of here? My legs are trembling." :( I decided that he didn't feel well enough to do anything else, so we grabbed him a copy of Open Season 3, and ran through McDonald's for a bit of lunch. Poor little guy couldn't even eat...he ended up sleeping all the way home. This evening, his fever shot up to 102.5 and I'm sure it will spike again during the night, as it always seems to happen. He'll stay home with me again tomorrow and hopefully twenty-four hours on his meds will help him.

Matthew has been coughing and sneezing a little, so I'm just waiting until I need to take him to the doctor too...I'm sure it's coming. He is also acting like he did before when he had some little sores in his mouth that was caused by a virus, but he won't let me look in there for anything....I thought I was gonna lose a finger or two a bit ago. He has been having some WONDERFUL days here lately, and it's just been great to watch him. I hadn't told anyone until yesterday, but he's been without his medication for a couple of weeks. It started when he was sick and then I just kept him off to see how he would react. As far as aggression-wise, I haven't noticed any difference, but he has seemed to be much happier, laughing more, and just sharper all the way around. I can tell him to do something, and boom, he does it! (Well, most of the time.) He has gone to school each morning without issue, and has been doing well there too. He worked so hard for his speech therapist yesterday. :) I will have to continue monitoring him and at any sign that he is going to regress back into the negative behaviors that we started him on the meds for in the first place, I will restart the medicine. He has definitely been in a more sour mood today, and I really think it's because he's not feeling one hundred percent. I guess time will tell.



2 comments:

Wanda May said...

Feel better soon young Jacob...so proud for you and Matthew....way to go!!! So hate it when the kids are sick but so thankful they have such an awesome Momma....boy God sure knows what he is doing when he picks our kids for us....:-)

Heather said...

Hope Jacob is better real soon. It's not fun when our kiddos are sick.