Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope everyone has a day filled with love :o)
Here's a few pictures from our day.
I hope everyone has a day filled with love :o)
Here's a few pictures from our day.
Jacob's class had a Valentine Box contest yesterday and this was his entry. He won third place and got a Cars ink pen. I went with a blue and green theme instead of red and pink so it wouldn't be so 'girly'!
These are the cupcakes I made for Matthew to take to school.
I made Mom do the frosting because I usually get it too thin. Again, I went with blue hearts instead of red because, #1-Matthew can't have red & #2-it's the 'girly' factor! (Low and behold, after I had made the blue icing, I looked and there is red 3 in the blue! I was appalled. Blue is a primary color and shouldn't have to have red dye in it!!!)
Guess what, I'm using Mom's memory card and it doesn't turn the pics around!
Here's Jacob with his loot!
I went with the old marshmallows and whale crackers - no chocolate or red here!
Do you have any idea how hard it is to try and find candy that is not chocolate, not chewy, that doesn't contain red dye, and that Matthew will actually eat?! Not so easy!
Jacob ate over half of his big Hershey Kiss! I don't know how good of an idea that was...
we have church tonight :o)
He was off work yesterday and as my gift to him, we were going to go fishing at the lake. He's been dying to go forever and since it was supposed to be so pretty...
However, to our dismay, the van we are driving is not trailer hitch ready, so the lake was a no-go! Bummer! That left Jason without a gift...he got me a Twilight magazine that he didn't even know he bought!! ;o) Oh well, the pinch of the economy can be felt all around. The great and best thing is, we don't have to buy each other fancy gifts to show the other our love. I'm truly satisfied with our life together, and that's the greatest gift ever!
Well, Jacob came up to me as I was beginning to type this and gave me the biggest hug and said, "Mommy, I love you."
That may have to rank as a tie for the #1 gift! :o)
5 comments:
What a wonderful day you've had!!! Happy Valentine's Day to a great girlfriend!
I agree with your comment about not having to have fancy gifts. Jeremy and I haven't bought each other anything since we became parents - for any holiday. Instead we focus our money on the little guy and let our love and time together be our gifts to each other!
Trent got Madagascar 2, also! Well, I didn't hear Jacob tonight so the chocolate must not have affected him too bad. Of course, I remember when people have told me that, and my comment would be "Are you kidding? Were we in the same building?" Because I would be sure that people within a couple of miles could've heard mine sometimes. Oh well, kids will be kids. Happy Valentine's Day!!
I love Jacob's Valentine box! How cute! Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!
Next time, ask one of your friends to give you a lift to the lake!!! I could have hooked you up. Seriously, anytime you guys need a ride to the lake...let us know. We could plan a secret trip and suprise Jason. Of course, ya can't laugh too hard with my backing skills.
Post a Comment