Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm Getting Back on the Wagon...Again!

I know I started a diet or "life style change" as some people may prefer, back in November. I knew if I posted it on my blog that I could hold myself more accountable. I started off really well, and lost 15 pounds in practically the first week! Through the holidays, it was much harder to control my eating, and I must say I put back on a few pounds :( As I checked my ticker status, I was ever so happy to find out I had not gained back up to what I started on there with, but none-the-less, I am at an unhealthy weight and I need to do something about it! So here I am, putting my big girl pants on, ha-never really thought of the pun till I typed that, and jumping back on the dieting...er, "life-style change", bandwagon again! I have reformulated my little weight ticker to start back at zero, so that I can keep up with it easier. I don't have a number pounds I would like to lose by my birthday, but I thought I would just challenge myself to do the best possible! Wouldn't it be great if I could lose all of the 50 pounds by then?! With a little over 3 months and lots of hard work, I guess it could be possible. I would love to buy a birthday outfit in a much smaller size! ;o) I must say, the whole ice storm incident didn't help my weight numbers either. Being stuck inside all day makes it way too easy to eat too much! Now that we're getting back to a more normal routine, hopefully I can do better with my eating and exercising habits. I've been wanting to start back for some time now, and after seeing a recent picture of myself that a friend e-mailed to me a couple of hours ago, I decided it was high time!! I'm looking forward to wanting to have my picture taken with my boys again!! :o)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm with you! I've stayed at the same- 3.5 pounds, but that's far from where I need(and want) to be. I've failed horribly at this task!!! I always seem to do well for a little bit and then slack off. Supper is my weakness - during the day I'm pretty motivated - I don't have to look at Jeremy eating all the yummy stuff! I think I need to set a weekly goal - I'm a procrastinator and always think that I'll have time to make up for that _____ because I've got a month left to go to make my goal. Maybe I need to change my strategy!

Good luck to you! You've made a big dent in your total already!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Natalie...... you can't lose 50lbs. in 3 months!! As long as you make the "lifestyle changes" you need to make the weight will come off and you will be more likely to keep it off than if you lost a huge amount quickly in an unhealthy way.... all of this coming from Fatty McButterpants! ha ha ha But, I am trying to get back on the wagon too! :o)

Nan said...

Come on Chaundra...you have surely never watched my most favorite show, which happens to be on right now, The Biggest Loser! If I only had Bob or Jillian to work my end off, I might lose a 100 in 3 months!! :o)