Friday, February 20, 2009

Promotions

Happy Friday everyone! I have a couple of promotions for you on this chilly day :o)

First of all...
If anyone is interested in the new minor league baseball team that is coming to Bowling Green, The Hot Rods, their opening weekend is going to be Saturday April 18th with the gates opening at 12:00 and the game starting at 1:05. Why, you might ask, is that important enough for me to put here on my blog? Because they are using this game as a Autism Awareness Event!!!!! I'm sure there are folks in the area who will want to check out the new team and stadium, and on this particular day, they can help with autism as well! Feel free to visit the link on my blog for KAP (Kelly Autism Program - this is where Matthew attends), and there is a little link on the right for the promo for the game. If you print that form and order tickets for the game with it, KAP will receive $3.00, for every ticket purchased from those forms!! Ticket prices are $10.00, which is not as bad as I figured. I just thought if anyone was considering going to the game anyway, then this would be an awesome way to help out this wonderful program!! **When I picked Matthew up yesterday, they asked me if they could use some photos of Matthew on some of their info they are going to be sharing with other universities about the program and how it works! How about that...my Matthew, the model!!!! (Has to get it from his mommy!!) =)

The second thing...
My homemakers club is in the process of selling RC products as a fundraiser. We will be selling 24 count cases of 20 ounce bottles of RC products for $17.00 per case. That is a wonderful deal compared to the cost of a bottle in a machine or store! We have all the traditionals, plus a couple of new flavors...RC, Diet Rite, Cherry RC, A&W Rootbeer, Diet A&W Rootbeer, A&W Cream Soda, 7 UP, Sundrop, Sunkist, Diet Sunkist, Big Red, Diet Big Red, Big Red Vanilla Float, *Big Blue (a new drink that tastes like Big Red, but it's blue for the UK fans!), Welch's Grape, Nehi Peach, Country Time Lemonade, Deja Blue Water. We also can offer a variety of juices...Motts Apple Juice, Welch's White Grape Juice, Welch's Grape Juice, Welch's Peach, and *Sunkist Orange Juice. The juices come in cases of 12, 14 ounce bottles and they are $17.00 per case also. This fundraiser has been a big success in the past for our club, and we hope it is the same this go-around! Here is a little sampling of what the money from our fundraisers, and this one in particular, has helped to accomplish...the club has paid for Matthew's fees to KAP for two semesters and has made partial payments toward his speech fees and KAP fees, we have helped by giving families in need cash donations at Christmas, we gave out some really nice fruit baskets to folks in our community during some difficult situations through the holidays, we made a donation to help our county homemakers sponsor one bed at Camp Courageous in Allen County, etc......As you can see, our money is used in very helpful ways, and I can say from a first-hand account, "It does make a difference!" We can use all the support for this fundraiser that we can get. If anyone is interested in purchasing drinks, you can see any of our members and we'd be glad to help! Drinks do have to paid for when the order is placed. Deadline for ordering is the third Thursday in March.

Okay, I know that post was not extremely personal, but those things do affect my family. Just thought I'd throw it out there at ya and see what happened =) Now I'm gearing up for Matthew's Birthday only 3 days away!!! I can't believe he'll be 11!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I definitely want some of the RC's, so I'll get with you on that. We'll be getting Matthew's autograph if he keeps up this modeling gig.

Staffanne said...

Natalie,
Sounds like some good promotions. I would like some Big Reds! If you could stop by my work one day, there may be some others interested also. Email me at scassady@activeday.com, and we will get together. Go Matthew on the modeling!