Hello from home! We were able to spend last night in our home and everyone was glad to do so. We all enjoyed staying with Grandma and Grandpa, but just like being gone on vacation, it's always good to get back home. We only got telephone service back early this afternoon. Our power went off this morning, and I was a bit nervous about how long it would last. It came back on in about an hour and stayed on. We felt safe to go stock the fridge back up this afternoon, so we enjoyed a little trip to the grocery. The pocket book didn't enjoy it so much, but it had to be done...we lost EVERYTHING in the fridge and freezer! That normally wouldn't be too bad, but it hadn't been that long since I had went to the grocery, so we were pretty stocked. Did you know that Wal-Mart didn't have the first bit of 2% or whole milk?! Not even a half-gallon! Sorry, but I can't do skim milk...I'd just as soon pour water in my cornflakes :) I guess I'll have to make a stop in B-ville for milk tomorrow. The inside of the fridge looks kind of sad right now, but at least we have the essentials.
We had a WONDERFUL time at the circus yesterday. I hope to post some pics tomorrow if things go as planned. Now it's off for bath and bedtime for the boys. It's back to school tomorrow, and we've gotten so out of routine, it's going to be hard on all of us! Poor Jacob won't know what to do when he has to get up before 10:00 a.m. I have tons of housework to start on, and I'm actually looking forward to it. My attitude will probably change in the morning when it's time to start, but at least for right now I can be hopeful :) There are still folks without power, so we don't need to forget about them either. It's still amazing to me that power has been restored as quickly as it has with all the damage that was done, but proof was clear today of how hard the crews were working as we saw lots of them out today. Hopefully everyone will have power restored soon and folks can get back to more normal lives!
2 comments:
I can't imagine how you feel, being back home. I know how glad I am to get home from vacation and even long day trips....We only lost our electric for about 2 hours. Felt so guilty because of all the hardship that my friends was going thru. So glad you are back home, safe and sound.
You are right, there is no place like home! Love to go on vacation, but I am always glad to sleep in my own bed. So glad you guys are back home and safe. You sure faced the whole event like a pro!
Post a Comment