Saturday, May 19, 2012

Christmas 2011

We were very excited to celebrate our first Christmas in our new house!  I was feeling a bit overwhelmed since I am used to having up all of my Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, but I still enjoyed decorating and I'm looking forward to having a little more time to spend next year...or in reality, about a half a year!  :)  These pictures were taken Christmas Eve morning in front of the fireplace in the living room...


  We had Christmas Eve breakfast (YUM!) at Mamaw Shela's with Uncle Jonathan, Aunt Tiffany and Jax...Matthew got lots of cool wrestling gifts!
Jacob got a really awesome video game chair!
On Christmas Eve night, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's.  We had gifts with Uncle Jeromy, Aunt Christie, Ashlee and Michael first...
I just think this is funny...
 Ashlee with her gifts from us...


Michael is letting me know I got him a movie he already had!  :)
We had a yummy traditional Christmas Eve dinner, enjoyed gifts with a few of our cousins and then came home to get ready for a visit from Santa.  Jacob sat out cookies and milk...
Jacob with the tree in the living room.  (Yes, this was prior to curtains and even furniture in there!)
My little gingerbread tree in the dining room...remember, there has been no painting (or stripping of wallpaper) done yet.
 Our tree in the family room (or wood room as it is always called!)
 This was the first time we have ever had a real tree before and I loved it!  I wanted to do sort of an old fashioned/cabin type of decor in here.
 The little black bears were the perfect touch to make us feel like we were having a holiday in the Smoky Mountains!
 Closer view of the tree...there are some old fashioned/rustic ornaments, and I put all of the ornaments the boys have made on this tree.  I had really planned to string popcorn and cranberries, but it just never happened!
 It's Christmas morning and SANTA CAME!  (No trouble getting Matthew up!  And no, the boys don't normally sleep in the same room, but when we first moved in, Matthew was fairly obsessed with Jacob's room and we couldn't keep him out of there!)
 Santa was awfully good to a couple of little fellas...
 How precious...he was trying so hard to be patient while he soaked everything in!
Jacob was about as excited on the other side of the tree...
 WOW...he could hardly believe he got a PS3!!!
 WWE magazines for Matthew!!!
 Stockings...


After opening Santa's gifts, we headed across the street to Grandpa and Grandma's for gifts from them...
 There is an alligator on top of that gift. :)
 Jacob got a nice, new, thick book to read!  I am SO happy that my boy loves to read a good book!!
Jacob got a new lamp to go in his new room...
 and it must have been the year of lamps...
 Thank you, Mother.  Just what I've always wanted.
I think he's excited...
 Just what every new EMT needs...a medical bag...perhaps to carry a leg lamp in!
After gifts with Mom and Dad, we went to Mamaw Skaggs for Christmas breakfast.  There is lots of activity in the kitchen when you cook for so many people!
Michael...
 Matthew resting after eating his morning bologna!  Yuck!
Jeromy and Christie got Jason and I this ornament for our first Christmas in 1996...and 16 Christmases later, I felt the need to photograph it again.  :)
 One last picture just because...the red/green tree in the living room.
We had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: