Sunday, May 20, 2012

Baseball Jamboree!

Jacob played his first baseball game of the season on April 28th.  He has moved up another league and now the kids do the pitching...eek!  To really set my nerves on end, Jacob is one of the pitchers for his team!  He has done well so far, but it makes me a nervous wreck.  He actually came in as a relief pitcher in the first game, and then started the second game.  He is on the Reds team this year, and they are very young.  Except for two or three players, this is the first time most of the boys have played in this league, so there has been lots of learning, and will continue to be a learning year.  We have played five games so far, and have yet to win, but we are definitely making LOTS of progress!  One thing about this league, the players tend to not get many turns to bat, but Jacob did get a really nice 2 RBI triple in one game.  He also got hit by a pitch in the fourth game, but thankfully he almost jumped over it and it only got his shoe...he said it didn't really hurt much.  :)  I have included a very few pictures from the first game.  I almost forgot to get my camera out when he came out to pitch, and I can't seem to remember to take pictures since!  (I think it has something to do with being way too nervous AND trying to keep Matthew occupied as well!)
National Anthem

 Pitching in the first game.  I have to make sure to get some better pictures of him pitching.  He makes me think so much of my brother out there on the mound!


No comments: