Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Independence Celebration

Jason lucked up into a four day weekend for the 4th of July, and what a RAINY weekend it ended up being!  Since we couldn't be outside on Thursday, my fellas and I finally got to go out to eat at Olive Garden in celebration of our wedding anniversary.  Other than Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden may be Matthew's favorite sit-down restaurant.  :)  Friday was another rainy day spent at home.  Jacob's district tournament was supposed to start that night, but was postponed due to rain.  They actually had the field in good order, but then another round of rain set it.  It finally quit raining on Saturday and Jason headed to the ball field to help out.  It was field conditioning redneck style!  I wish I had been there to see them using sump pumps, my brother's big water pump, rakes, leaf blowers, etc., but I am really sorry I missed the bird that left Jason a present right on his head!  :)
On Saturday morning, I walked by the back window to see this...
 There were six hens and two toms.  This tom was really strutting for the ladies.  :)
 Later that night, we headed up to the shop for our annual 4th of July celebration.  We had so much GOOD food!  Delilah was snoozing in her adorable patriotic bubble romper from Creekside Creations.
 Matthew was ready to EAT!
 Jacob and some of the smaller kids enjoyed playing wiffle ball...
 This was a neat firework that was intended to be set off during the day and had multicolored parachutes that flew out.
 There was also some pretty stiff volleyball games...I say that loosely for all those older folks playing. ;)
 Me and Matthew...
 Halle Jane modeling her Creekside outfit...
 Sweet Kaylee with her dolly...
 
 This thing was really neat!  It kinda worked like a hot air balloon and went so far, we finally lost sight of it.
 Some of the kiddos watching fireworks.
 More spectators. :)
 I have never seen a baby Sadie's age enjoy fireworks like she does.  Cassie was trying to put her pjs on, and she was about to break her neck to see the fireworks.

 She was mesmerized!

 Ha!  I love this face!  :)  Sweet Delilah had already gone home.  (She wasn't quite as fond of the fireworks.)
 Shew, I am a hot mess right there!  YUCK!
 Those snap poppers are always popular!





One thing is for sure, my brother and cousins go all out for the fourth.  My papaw always loved getting fireworks for us to enjoy, so that tradition continues!!




1 comment:

Erica Simpson said...

Love love hallie James outfit