District tournament was supposed to start on Friday night, but due to the "flood", our first game was postponed until Sunday at 4:00. I love the boys' uniforms, so I had to take a few pictures of my own little all-star prior to leaving for the game. :)
Bubba was just "overjoyed" to be at the ball park again! (written with sarcasm!)
Jacob at bat in his first district all-star game.
Our boys won their first game (against Metcalfe County) 17-3! We had a break in between games and took the boys to DQ for lunch. Here's Matthew back at the ball park waiting for the second game.
Jacob and his buddy Tyler...
Second game...
Jacob played right field in both games. The boys lost their second game (against Cumberland County). Jacob batted two times per game; he walked twice and struck out twice.
Since it was a double elimination tourney, the boys had another shot for a win on Monday night. (I like their blue uniforms the best!) :) Jacob started on third base and was brought in to pitch in the second inning. (I think it was the second inning...I was so nervous by this time, I couldn't even tell you the score...or my name for that matter.) He also had a better night batting...he ended up beating our a ground ball to first base, stole second and third and ended up scoring. In the last inning, the boys were down 7-2 with bases loaded and two outs. Jacob was up to bat and I wanted to go hide. Ha! They had him looking at the first pitch, which was a strike, and he fouled off the second for an 0-2 count. (Now I was really wanting to go hide!) He ended up grounding a ball to short stop and they weren't able to make an out, so we scored a run! The boys ended up loosing 7-3 to Green County and were put out of the tournament.
All-Star pitching debut...
Jacob scoring our first run!
I was SO proud of Jacob's pitching! The other team only scored two runs while he was on the mound. He had several different people tell him he pitched an awesome game. The coach for Green County caught Jacob during the handshake and told him to keep his head up, that he had played a great game. That is the kind of encouragement I like to see on the ball field!
There is still learning to be done, but this really is a great ball team. The boys REALLY struggled with their bats, but the coaches are already determined to work on that in practice! We're already looking forward to the next tournament!
No comments:
Post a Comment