Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween 2012

This year, we decided to do some "homemade" costumes, or costumes that we didn't have to buy.  Not that I have anything against buying a costume, because that's what we usually do, but we really didn't have any good ideas for purchased costumes that we thought would be very original, or that we thought Matthew would tolerate since anything with a mask or hat is out for him.  We had a LOT of tobacco cloth left over from Ashlee's wedding reception and it was just screaming to be used for a costume.  Jacob wanted to be a mummy.  We had to get up early to start wrapping...
 I think getting ready was a little nerve-racking for this mummy and he ended up getting sick on me. 
 Other than he couldn't barely keep his wrapping up, I thought he looked pretty cool!
 Matthew doing his best "Dr. MrDreamy" impersonation.  :)  He actually wore a pair of Ashlee's scrubs and a lab coat that Mom made for Michael a couple of years ago when he dressed up as a doctor.  Cheap, cute and most importantly, easy for Matthew to wear.
 We had the cutest little witch to stop by the shop...who did not want her picture made.  She told her momma that she was a bad witch but she still had to look pretty.  :)
 When I picked Jacob up from school, he was dragging his wrapping behind him!  I snapped a few pics when we got home.

 Haha...
 When I picked Matthew up at school, he was a MESS!  Not only had he had a nosebleed on his white lab coat, but he had also grabbed his green cupcake icing and had rubbed it all over his clothes and in his hair!  I had to wash his lab coat prior to trick-or-treating and I just left the green on him till we got back home.  It took a LOT of scrubbing to get that off.
 Jacob decided to go as a ghost for trick-or-treating.  (We got to use more tobacco cloth!)  :)
 I think he made a pretty awesome ghost!
 Awesome!

 Me and my spooks...Matthew looks possessed.
 Matthew was trying to run away...
 Matthew was done with pictures at this point.
 Scariest costume of the night!  ;)
 Daddy and Jacob

 Going trick-or-treating...

 "Candy? Where's the candy???"
 "Let's go get some candy!"
 This ghost had a little trouble getting buckled.
 Goofy...
 Ghost and Captain America
 We made 15 stops...honestly...on our trick-or-treating route and this is what the boys ended up with!  Matthew has been in heaven this past week.




No comments: