We have had a lot of fun already this summer. Here's a brief overview of a few of the things we've enjoyed...
First, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took a few weeks ago. I got up early one morning and thought the view outside was gorgeous. This was taken from my front porch...
and this is out back. There was a touch of fog way off in the distance and the pictures don't show how pretty it really was.
Zoomed in pic of the view out back.
On most mornings, I will ask Jacob to either let Matthew come into his room, or for him to go to Matthew's room so that he can keep an eye on him while I get ready. He makes sure he stays in whichever room they are in so that he's not wandering about the house and it helps me SO much! I really do appreciate him being a wonderful brother. One morning I went into Jacob's room and found them both laying at the foot of his bed watching tv. How sweet.
Let's see, what have we been up to lately??? Of course we spent a few nights a week at the ballpark. We had a memorial day cookout at Creekside with our families. The boys and I spend most days up at Creekside. Jacob has been helping out with Uncle Jeromy and has earned him some money. He cleaned out most of the mum patch by himself, and then last week helped a wee little bit with planting 2800 mums...mostly by helping place the pots in the patch. Just this week, he helped sow pumpkin seeds...sowing enough seeds to plant 18 acres of pumpkins ends up being A LOT of seed! We went to a birthday party at Bee Springs Park earlier in June. Jacob enjoyed playing with his friends...
and Matthew enjoyed being silly...
;)
and swinging...
Last Friday night, we went to a Hot Rods game at Bowling Green Ballpark! Modern Woodmen was hosting a free game night, so we took advantage! Matthew did better than I expected...we had to take him out of his wheelchair which wasn't too bad. I just wish we had thought to ask for end seats so that we wouldn't have had to climb over people. We had to watch Matthew's hands as he kept trying to pluck the bow off the little girl's head in front of us!
Jacob enjoyed his nachos and big pretzel!
Even though the seats weren't ideal for Matthew, they really were great seats in general! We sat four rows up behind the Hot Rods dugout!
Axle the Bear came and entertained us for a bit...
by dancing on top of the dugout! :) Jacob thought that was hilarious.
Jacob made some kind of weird face in every picture I took of him!
It was a really close game! It was zero to zero for nine innings, and the Hot Rods finally scored in the bottom of the 10th to pull out the win! (Jacob said the game was kind of boring since no one was scoring.) :)
I have no words...
Jacob sporting his Hot Rods cap and shirt. :)
Also this summer, Bubba started back to KAP. We sat out the spring semester, which was the first he had missed since he began attending the program several years ago. He has LOVED being back! Tuesday was his last day for a couple of weeks. They have went and watched movies, gone to the planetarium, played outside and even went to feed the ducks at Basil Griffin Park. (Apparently Matthew loves doing that, and he gets REALLY dirty while visiting there too!) I am so thankful for this program...Not only does Matthew love being there while they help to teach him different things, but it also provides a little break for me so that I can get a little more accomplished...I end up doing more in those few hours two days a week than all the rest of the week combined. And, Jacob was really excited for KAP to start so that we could stop by Sonic for our sausage croissants and big ol' sweet teas! (I kinda like that part too!) :)
And, just last night, Jacob received his trophy for baseball at the awards ceremony in Chalybeate. Since it is always SO crowded and HOT, I decided to keep Matthew at Creekside. We had a cookout up there with the fam and then enjoyed watching the fireworks from the distance. No smoke, loudness, crowds of people or sitting in traffic trying to get out! ;) (And because I am horrible, I have no pictures!)
***Please excuse any typos...spellcheck will not work, and I have been adding bits and pieces to this post for several days now...

No comments:
Post a Comment