Sunday, September 4, 2011

BEACH VACATION ~ DAY 2


Well, I don't know if I will ever get caught up with my blog. It takes forever for my photos to upload on here, and when you add in the time it takes for me to decide which of my hundreds of photos to include, one single post can take several hours...of which I just don't have to waste. BUT...there have been lots of bloggable things going on lately that I haven't gotten to post since doing so out of order would bug the tarnation out of me. Maybe I can get caught up before Christmas! ;)


On Monday morning, (July 11th), Matthew woke up early. I mean, did I seriously think that being on vacation would mean "sleeping in"? Are you kidding? Jason and Jeromy headed out to Krispy Kreme and brought back some of the freshest and warmest donuts I have ever had. Yum! Then we suited up and headed for the beach. Jacob had already headed down with some of the others, so I took Matthew and we headed off. By the way, these photos are exactly the way I caught them on camera...I have NOT edited them...my camera lens had fogged up from the change in temps of being in the air conditioning and then going outside and I love the effect... He walked for me really well...until we got to the sand. Then he was in sensory heaven. He LOVED it. Problem is, is loved it a little TOO much and tried to make it his lunch...and snack...and dinner. Haha. Jason and I took him to the water, and he LOVED it! I honestly think he would have just kept walking right on out in it. One thing that we were really disappointed in was that there was LOTS of seaweed washing in and the water was just nasty. Matthew didn't care.

Jacob LOOOOVVVVEEEDDD being on the beach! He and Ashlee each got a body board thingy and they had a blast with them.

Needless to say, our beach venture didn't last too long, and I was WORE out by the time I got him back to the house (he didn't want to walk and kept laying down in the sand, so I practically had to carry him in) got him in the bath, and changed my own clothes. We decided to go to Fudpuckers later for lunch/supper. Of course we all enjoyed checking out the alligators! When we went in, they told us it would be an hour wait. As we were leaving, one of the men who worked there asked Jason (who was pushing Matthew in his wheelchair) how many were in our group. Jason told him 10, and the guy said with a big wink that he just had a table open up. It's great to know there are still some compassionate people out there! I think everybody LOVED their food. Matthew had a grilled cheese, and I loved watching him eat it. I had pulled the crust off and laid it on my plate, and then he started picking up pieces of it and dipping it in my ketchup and eating it. He wasn't going to waste a crumb! I had a grilled chicken sandwich that I seriously wouldn't mind having one of right now! And of course the kids had to sign their names to the table before we left! ;)










We left Fudpuckers we headed to Destin Commons...one of the outdoor malls. Mom and Ashlee each bought Jacob a new school shirt at Abercrombie Kids and he said he was going to be the best dressed school kid ever. ;) They also have a Build-a-Bear, so Jacob and I went in to check it out. Jacob picked a black and white border collie just like his Bobo. Guess what he named him? Yep, Bobo. We diked him out in beach apparel, with goggles included since he is a Floridian puppy. :)

2 comments:

Wanda May said...

So loved that Matthew was in "sensory heaven overload"....love his heart...When I went last year...it was very seaweedy too! Want to eat at Fudpuckett's...Jacob could wear a plain white t-shirt and still look cool!

Heather said...

Loved the alligators!!