Monday, August 12, 2013

Last Two Baseball Tourneys

The weekend before school started, Jacob was in a baseball tournament at Scottsville.  Matthew and I watched the game Friday night from the car and I only took a few pictures. 
Warming up...
 Pre-game
 Jacob batting...
 I really can't remember how Jacob did as far as batting in this game...I know he got on base, just don't know if he hit or walked.  I do know that he started on third base and was awesome!  He made some really nice catches.  (And I clapped like a crazy person sitting in the car.)  :)
 They won the game on Friday night, but lost their first two games on Saturday.  Jacob pitched the first Saturday game and did well.  We just couldn't get our bats going.
 
The following weekend, we traveled to Red Cross Elementary for a tournament.  There was two games of pool play on Saturday and we lost both games.  The few pictures I took were from the Saturday games.  Jacob started on third base during the first game and pitched the second.

 Jacob pitching in his last All-Star game for the season.  It seems like he's grown so much in the last few months!
The boys also lost their first game of the single elimination tournament on Sunday.  It seemed like they just ran out of steam for the last few games.  I think they were just getting a little burnt out.  (I know I was ready for a little break and I was just a spectator.)  Jacob LOVED his time as an All-Star and I'm glad we let him play.  It was a learning experience for us all.  Jacob learned more about the game and I learned that I could (barely) make it through all-star season without killing the coaches.  Wasn't exactly easy with one particular one, but I managed.  Jacob is already excited about playing fall league.  At least we have a little time off and the biggest plus of all is that it shouldn't be as hot!  :)





No comments: