The boys headed back to school on August 1st. For some reason, this year seemed to be a harder year on dear old mom. Perhaps the grades the boys are in made then seem so much older.
Jacob is the big dog on campus as a sixth grader at the 5/6 Center. Last year was filled with lots of changes for him, but this year started off more smoothly since he was already accustomed to the building, lockers, and changing classes. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a successful and happy sixth grade year. :)
This sweet little face is now seen at ECHS...yes, that means high school.
I think that was the hardest part for me this year. He was actually ready to go to school and smiling...until we pulled away from the 5/6 Center and he didn't get out. He began to fuss a bit and was saying Ms. Barbara's name. Umm, for someone who was barely holding back the tears, that was almost my breaking point. I kept trying to smile and tell him that he was going to the big boy school this year with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. It didn't matter, he wasn't happy. That's okay cause I wasn't either. :( When I drove around the football field, it became a little surreal that my boy was going to that "BIG" school. I just kept smiling and got him dropped off. I was proud that I made it back to the car before the first tear trickled. It really didn't help that they called me within the first hour of school and told me that Matthew was very frustrated and was having a hard time. Thankfully, he has had some good days now that school has been in session for a couple of weeks. It's a whole new routine for us all, but we are beginning to settle into it. I'm hoping for a happy and successful year for my big boy too!
1 comment:
High school....ugh! I'm trying to adjust to middle school?!?! 5 th grade was a hard adjustment for Mollie, she LOVED 6 th grade ( and there was lots less homework!)
Post a Comment