On Saturday, May 28th, our Ashlee walked the graduating line to receive her high school diploma. Boohoohoo. Ha, I actually held up rather well! It was so blasted hot in the gym, I don't think you could really be sad if you tried! It kept you too busy praying for air conditioning...and a little padding for the seats! ;) I was SOOOOO beyond proud of our girl! She was recognized several different times throughout the ceremony. Here is a few of her accomplishments that were recognized: Honors diploma, 4.0 GPA, distinguished in reading portion of testing, and THREE scholarships. They also told what each of the cords, medallions and pins represented and the students who were wearing those stood at that time to be recognized as well. Let's just say Ashlee got her exercise in! :) It made me a very proud aunt each time she stood to her feet. She will start to WKU in the fall, and will make a wonderful teacher in a few years!
Our first glimpse of our graduate...
The graduating class...and a super-full (and HOT!) gym! Reminded me real quick why I hadn't been to a graduation in about 12 years! :)
Ashlee getting her diploma
My favorite picture of the night...later on, Ashlee thanked Jacob for coming to her graduation. He simply replied, "Oh, Mom made me." Gee kid, nothing like keeping it real.
These are four pretty special people to me...





1 comment:
I am so proud of her. She is such a sweet person.
Post a Comment