On Thursday, May 19th, Jacob was a part of Kyrock's production, Good Old Days, which depicted life for area citizens back in the 1930's when Kyrock Asphalt Company was a booming industry. Jacob just couldn't hardly believe that his great-great-grandfather was an employee of the asphalt company at one time. Jacob was to play a dinky pusher in the play. I had no idea what that was at first, but turns out a dinky is a type of train engine that was used in that time period, and a model had been constructed for use in the play that could be pushed along the stage. The kiddos had been practicing lines and roles practically since right after Christmas and then on the Friday before the play Jacob told me he might have to play a second part. What??? And it's a speaking part. Never fear, he took the role of Romer Lindsey very serious and pulled it off wonderfully. For whatever the reason, Jacob thought that Romer had a very country accent and decided to throw that in there for effect. He got in the car after school on Wednesday and was talking "countrified". He said, "Wait a minute, I've been practicing so much today that I've got that country talking stuck in my head." :) Even the principal mentioned his country accent to me after the day time performance of the play for the school, and said that he just cracked him up. Ha...he must have been a little more nervous Thursday night and he wasn't too country...or else I just didn't notice it. Enjoy the pictures!
The set was wonderful! This is the commissary, or store.

This was the White family's home. I love the newspaper "wallpaper" and the little bed. Jacob asked me later if I saw that little pot sitting there by the bed, and then asked if I knew what it was used for. ;)

The school...

The Kyrock Asphalt Company...I'm glad Jacob was inside the dinky; I hear those "woods" had a little poison ivy in 'em!

Smiling at Mom before starting to roll.

The dinky making its way across the stage. Whew, Mr. White barely escaped being run over; good thing Mr. Webb warned him about that dinky!

Mr. Romer Lindsey inside the commissary...

The entire cast...

Romer Lindsey

And just look at this cute little face. :)


2 comments:
Bet it was wonderful...would loved to have seen and met Homer....
It just wouldn't be woods without a little poison ivy:)
Post a Comment