Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter 2011






Easter started bright and early (or actually cloudy!) for us. :) Since Matthew is a very early riser, we all have to get up early to share in the Easter Bunny excitement! I decided to make a few collages so that I wouldn't have to add as many individual pictures; in this first collage you see that we set our baskets out for the Easter Bunny to fill. We love being able to have personalized baskets instead of the E.B. having to bring new ones each year, and this seems to work out great all the way around. :) The boys sure must have been good this year! Matthew's basket is on the left and Jacob's is on the right.

Matthew had a wrestling man, WWE magazine, WWE dvd, a stretchy lizard thing, a Walmart gift card, and LOTS of his favorite treats in his basket! He LOVED the Crabby Patties on a stick!! (Picture 1: Matthew getting a good first look at his basket. Picture 2: Crabby Patties on a stick! Picture 3: Checking out the magazine. Picture 4: Looking at his dvd.) This may be a good time to note that when we got to church on Easter morning, I hurried him inside and low and behold he had his magazine with him! I thought, "well if he just holds it in his lap, I guess that will be okay?." NOT...he flipped it open and it went right to a page of a barely clad diva. Needless to say, I took it away immediately and then we fought the ENTIRE church service. It was bad.
Jacob had lots of goodies in his basket too! (Picture 1: Rabbit Webkinz Picture 2: He LOVED his Hornswoggle action figure! He is really into playing with his wrestling ring and action figures and for those who may not be as acclimated to WWE as I apparently HAVE to be with my two boys, Hornswoggle is a little person wrestler, and he is pretty funny in the ring. Picture 3: "Biggy Ears" chocolate bunny; I LOVE Jacob's smile there! :) Picture 4: Hop Chapter book. Jacob also got a Walmart gift card and a few yummy treats!
And because we always tend to have too much to do and not enough time to do it in, we dyed our Easter eggs Sunday morning after the boys opened their baskets.
My boys before church....by the time I got a cute picture of Matthew smiling, Jacob's smile had almost give out! :) We decided to ditch the ties this time and go a little more casual...
After church, we headed over to Mom and Dad's for our annual Easter dinner. Oh-So-Yummy! Then there was the big egg hunt. Yep, it was drizzling rain, the yard was a mushy, muddy mess, but the kids were bound and determined to have their egg hunt! See the biggest ones....


I hope you also noted the SIZE of their "baskets"!!! :)


Here is Jacob hunting eggs....
Since the very first thing that Matthew does is plop right down on the ground when he hunts eggs, I decided it just might be best if I let him "hunt" his eggs inside. He enjoyed opening each egg and seeing what was inside....

I know I am SO far behind on my blog, but we have been SO busy! I literally started this post on the 30th of April, and am just not finishing it up. When I actually have time to sit down to the computer at night, I end up falling asleep...LITERALLY! Maybe I'll get caught up one of these days!


5 comments:

Shela Brooks Vincent said...

I LOVE Matthews smile in the pic,,,,,,,and he's looking at the camera,,,,,awesome!!

Heather said...

Love your Easter pictures. The boys looked so handsome:)

Tiffany Vincent said...

Great post...I love your photo collages and your colorful background! Precious pictures!

Wanda May said...

So love your pictures...and I want to come and hunt eggs with the girls...after yummy Easter lunch....

April said...

Wow, those are some awesome Easter Baskets. Looks like they had a great time!