Since it's been an entire week since I've posted here, I figured I'd just kind of do a re-cap of the past week. On Sunday, we had our last Christmas dinner, and I hope to do a separate post for that soon...I'm just too ornery to go to the car and get my camera. On Monday, I had sort of expected the kids to have a snow day since the forecasters had predicted a bit of the white stuff, but they were able to report to school on time. This was not the case for the next three days! With schools closed for three days in a row, we were content to stay in our jammies all day, and not accomplish much of anything! I had experimented a bit with my new Cricut, but Matthew could not remain content enough for me to work with it for long. He was continually trying to get more food, and I spent most of our days sitting in the doorway to the playroom reading a book, watching movies or playing on the computer, while I kept Matthew blocked off from the FOOD. Jacob spent time playing with his toys, watching movies, playing games, dressing up in his different costumes...I saw Batman, Spiderman, a referee, Motocross racer, and a Ninja all in one day....playing with Toby, and reading. Speaking of Toby, I think he's enjoyed the snowy weather too, as he's gotten to sleep inside in his carrier during the night since it's been so cold, and he gets to come in quite regularly during the day when Jacob is home. If Jacob isn't letting the cat inside, I catch him out on the porch with no coat or shoes on playing with him...no wonder the boy has the sniffles, and YES, he gets in trouble every time! The boys were able to go to school on Friday. I guess it was a good thing, considering we had run out of almost all of Matthew's food groups!
This morning we decided to try something new. We headed up to Shepherdsville to the World's Most Awesome Flea Market. Well, as far as I'm concerned, the world can keep it. It just wasn't my "cup of tea" so to speak, and it wasn't very stroller friendly. There were very few booths that had anything of any interest to me, but I'm sure if you were looking for some of those particular items, you could get some good deals. And who would have thought about people selling dogs...REAL LIVE DOGS...at a Flea Market???? There were two separate dog only booths, one that had dogs, ferrets, and guinea pigs, and another one that had hamsters. Can you guess what Jacob wanted to leave with. I will say, there was one little doggie that was smaller than the guinea pigs that was absolutely adorable...but even if I wanted to get a dog, I could not imagine buying one from a flea market. Needless to say, we left with two ill boys...because both of them wanted a DOG...one with fur and the other with a bun. :) We enjoyed a yummy lunch at Rally's, and then we be-bopped up the road jamming to tunes on Jason's iPod. I think we were ALL head-banging at one point...but Matthew took it a bit too literally. I think our singing was just a bit too much for him. Even though we bombed out at the market, we still enjoyed just being together. Now the boys are wanting to know what's for supper and I think we're gonna settle in to watch How To Train Your Dragon...again. Yes, we live a very exciting life...and I LOVE it! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment