I'm sure by now any readers that check on my blog are probably thinking that I have been deathly ill or have gone missing. We have had some glitches with the computer and we are still working out a few kinks, but here I am! I have missed sharing our summer with everyone. Today is the last day of summer break, and the boys are headed back to school tomorrow. I'll have one fifth grader and one first grader on my hands tomorrow. I am going to experience the perils of having children in separate schools, which is something I'm gonna have to get used to. I've already had to come up with a strategic plan for tomorrow. Jacob will normally walk down to his room on his own, but since tomorrow is the first day there will be a throng of people in the main hall, and I know that will make my little nervous chick a bit distraught. So, I have enlisted the help of my mom who will meet me at the elementary and take Jacob to class for me. Then I will be on the the big 5/6 Center to see off my big boy. I am a bit nervous about the transition now that it is upon us. I don't know who his aide will be yet, and that always is nerve racking. Lots of people don't realize that I am having to entrust this unknown person with the safety and welfare of my special needs child. I view it a lot as dropping him off with a babysitter I have yet to meet. (Kinda scary when you think of it that way, huh?) The building is new to him, the room is new to him, and I can just envision him destroying it the first day. Of course when he started kindergarten he was much smaller, but he's a big boy now, so you can see I would be concerned. I'll just have to hope for the best!
I am looking forward to being able to do some major house work when the boys get back to school. I love having them at home, but going to school is something we can't help, so I might as well make the most of it. I am not going to have a steady position at school this year, but I plan to sub when I'm needed. The best part of subbing is being able to say no when I have something else planned.
I took the boys to Dinosaur World with Matthew's group from WKU, and they both enjoyed it. Matthew loved digging in the sand, and Jacob really enjoyed the dinosaur exhibits. He didn't like the museum too much. It was dark in there, and we were all alone..... I, being the ever wonderful mother, enjoyed it because my boys enjoyed it. However, by the time I left, I felt like I had run some kind of marathon, and I think I could have slept for hours. (I didn't of course...Matthew wasn't a bit tired;he rode in his wheel chair, and even though we got in the car and Jacob said, "My legs are so tired, they won't take another step", he had renewed energy when we got home.) For those of you who have not been there, you take a walking tour through the trees and all of the dinosaur exhibits are set up along the way. Well, whenever I wasn't pushing Matthew and his wheelchair uphill, I was having to hold on for dear life to keep him from soaring off into the wild blue. Now, I'm not the most in-shape person, so that was quite the work out for me. (Funny thing, I didn't lose a single pound!) Anyway, I survived and took lots of pictures, some of which I hope to post when I get the chance.
Keep checking for more updates. I hope the computer holds out on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment