Saturday, January 3, 2015

July 2014

July is always a busy and fun month for us and this year was no exception.
Jacob was at All-Star practice and was hit in the face with a hard hit ball while he was playing third base.  I had stayed home that day and had no idea anything happened until he came home with his daddy.  I couldn't believe his face.  It literally busted his nose and he looked just like a Who from Whoville.
We had our big annual fireworks show and cookout at the shop.


Sadie Mae and Jason
Beautiful Sunset...




Look at this dirty little face...LOL!
And because these weren't uploaded when I did the June post, I have included some pictures from the baseball awards night that was at the end of June.

2014 All-Star Team

My boys and I before heading out to the first game of the district tournament...in Greensburg...by ourselves.  We followed the team up there, but were on our own coming back.  It didn't help at all that it was dark AND we were heading right into a pretty rough storm.  I ended up missing my turn and had to end up pulling over and calling my dad to find out where I was.  Thankfully, I was heading in the right direction even though it was a different way than we went up there.  I was so happy to get home. Ha!
Selfies with Momma...

Jacob ended up getting busted in the lip with another baseball...
Matthew continued to enjoy the gardening at KAP.
We tried out Jason's Father's Day gift....
This guy LOVED it!
Jacob pitching in the state tournament in Leitchfield.  He really did a great job!
Matthew had his last day of KAP for the summer session...
On the last weekend before school started, a lot of my Skaggs family met over at Mammoth Cave and enjoyed a picnic lunch.  Some went on cave tours and it was Jacob's first time in the cave.  Kinda sad considering both Jason and I worked there, and we've lived within such close proximity for Jacob's entire life. It was really a fun day!!
Jason and I took the boys on one last hoo-rah down to Opry Mills.  We did a little school shopping and ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe...
To round out the end of July, Jacob attended 7th grade open house as he got ready for the move to the middle school.

No comments: